Thursday, September 27, 2012

Classroom Pics and the BEST sharpener!

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted. I can't believe we are already on our 6th week of school! I am loving Kindergarten though. I've had some ups and downs adjusting being a new teacher in a new school though.  I think I'm starting to be able to get a little ahead and not always feel like I am a million miles behind! 

Now here are some before classroom pics:

Back of my room
                                                Front:
                                           I even have a little alcove!


Here are the picture of the room at open house (though I've already changed a few things :))
                                          Back and my assistants desk. I opted for a horseshoe table.
                                          Library and morning meeting area
                                        Door
                                         




 
A while back Classroom Friendly Supplies sent me a pencil sharpener to test out. If you haven't heard of the Quietest Pencil Sharpener, you need to check it out! 



 



The kids love to use the pencil sharpener. It comes with a mount so the kids don't have to hold the sharpener while they sharpen the pencils. Look how sharp they turn out!!! I borrowed one of my fellow teacher's dayghter to show it off :) Love this girl, she is way excited!


If you are looking for a new sharpener I definitely reccomend this one here! It is way better than the expensive mechanical pencil sharpeners!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your room is bright and cheery. Love the yellow!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete