Sunday, July 14, 2013

Year in review Part 1

Whew, I finally figured out how to blur out the kids faces in pictures. Now I can actually post some pictures from the year.

First of all here is a picture of my word wall. I laminated everything then put velcro o the back so I can rotate words in and out. 

I also created a 100's club. The kids loved seeing their names on the wall. As they got each point checked off they got a special prize.


Here is my birthday chart inspired by Erica Bohrer. Check out her blog!


Here are my wonderful chair pockets my friend made me:


Ok, so just a fair warning. These pictures may not be in order. I got a new computer recently and it put everything out of order. I've been trying to find my pictures...

Here are some getting to know you pictures:
 (I made the frame, but it didn't make it too well in the move, so I'll have to create a new one)
(This activity is from Kim Adsit)

Putting Nursery Rhymes in order

Putting together our first sentence using our sight words.


In the fall we did a unit on apples. We graphed our favorite after tasting, did some artwork and an experiment:
 BTW love this little girl here! She always came in with a smile on her face!! Also I can't remember who created this sheet. If you know whose it is, please let me know!


We attempted to watch our seeds grow, but they didn't do anything but mold... We were later sucessful in the spring

 My fall door
 Elements of a story
 Writing our numbers

We had some readers read to us The Ladybug Girl



Fireman visit


Our school wore uniforms and I just loved when the kids had an opportunity to dress up! 


We had our AR kickoff and the teachers dressed up as different characters from books to get the kids excited. I decided to go with Pinkalicious and my friend was Itchy Itchy Chicken Pox


We had a 50th day! Played 50's music, counted to fifty, patterns by 5, and enjoyed Root Beer Floats!

I worked with this sweet boy after school and this was the sweetest sentence he wrote. 

We were able to go to the pumpkin patch and pick our own pumpkins. Afterwords we did the experiment, measured and compared our pumpkins.

For Red Ribbon Week we had a poster decorating contest. I used Miss Kindergarten's Monster Craft to design our board. When you lifted the monster each students wrote what they can do to keep away from drugs. We won first place!

My husband was away for a couple weeks helping out another hotel property so he surprised me with these:

Working on Word Families. We made houses.


Winter Door:

This year I got a free Elf on the Shelf from North Pole Playground! The kids absolutely loved having the elf there. The other teachers hadn't heard of him yet so it was fun to introduce him to the school. The kids chose several names and then we voted. So let me introduce you to MoJay:

I turned around after school and this sweet boy was reading one of the readers to MoJay.



We loved using Rachelle's Holiday's Around the World. They learned a lot about different countries. Plus I asked my overseas friends to send in pictures and story's about their holiday. The kids loved seeing all the different ways people celebrated.






We made gingerbread houses:

And here our our bags we made to take everything home:



Last year we used the treasures reading series. I absolutely loved, loved, loved it. Especially all the leveled readers. The kids loved taking the readers and reading to each other. 


Well I don't know if you made it or not to the bottom. If you did congrats! I still have lots more to show but I think that is enough for today. 

Don't forget if you'd like some new thirty one products. Check out the christmas in July. I'm offering teachers 10% off there entire order in addition to the monthly special.


P.S I will soon have a new blog design. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment